Established, fast-growing Real Estate Investment & Development firm is seeking a Property Controller for a key position. Reporting to the VP of Accounting while overseeing a small team, this individual will lead all aspects of accounting and financial reporting for numerous Hospitality properties and developments across the United States. Please note that the company’s first preference is for this position to be based at the corporate HQ office located in Austin, TX (hybrid / partially-remote work environment). However, a remote work arrangement may be considered for a highly-qualified, selected candidate (if necessary).
Job responsibilities will include, although not limited to the following:
- Review and consolidate GAAP-based financial statements for 30+ high-end hotels and large-scale resort properties, while ensuring accuracy and compliance with accounting standards and company policies.
- Collaborate with leadership at the property-level to develop and manage annual budgets and financial forecasts for each property, serving as an Advisor while providing financial insights, guiding decision making, and monitoring ROI and other key metrics.
- Oversee cash flow for the properties at a high level, including revenues, payables, and other large-scale transactions. Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet property needs.
- Lead, manage, and develop a small team of Property Accounting staff, while hiring, training, and mentoring new staff and scaling the team as appropriate.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual consolidation of property financial statements for review by the CFO, CEO and other company leaders, along with Private Equity investors.
- Maintain and enhance strong Internal Controls to ensure accurate property-level reporting and consolidation, while continuously assessing and improving financial processes.
- Ensure accurate and timely tax filings for the properties by overseeing the Tax function at a high level, including external Tax firms and other third parties.
- Communicate regularly with Asset Managers, Private Equity firm, and other key Investors to provide financial updates, answer inquiries, and address concerns.
- Serve as a key player during the external audit process, collaborating with Big 4 audit teams to ensure a smooth audit process.
To be considered, candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting
- At least six (6+) years of progressive accounting experience
- Proven background managing the Property Accounting function, including consolidating financial statements for numerous properties
- Prior experience within the Hospitality or Private Equity / Real Estate sectors is highly desirable
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or active CPA candidate is preferred, although not required
- Strong understanding of GAAP, Internal Controls, accounting ERP systems, and process improvements
- Outstanding communication skills, with proven team leadership abilities and a high-degree of professionalism
The company will provide competitive compensation, including base salary + lucrative annual bonus potential, comprehensive benefits package (401K matching, strong health benefits, open PTO, etc.), and plenty of career growth opportunities within a dynamic business environment.
Relocation assistance may be provided, dependent on the needs of the selected candidate.