Expanding public company based in Austin, Texas is seeking an SEC Reporting Manager to add to the team. This is a great opportunity for an Accounting professional with a Big 4 or National Audit firm background to join a dynamic and reputable company in a key position.
The SEC Reporting Manager will serve as a leader for the company’s financial reporting and technical accounting functions, while reporting to the Controller. Duties will include the following:
– Preparation of all SEC filings, including 10-K and 10-Q’s, footnotes and disclosures, MD&A, earnings releases and proxy preparation, and other related items
– Playing a key role in facilitating the external Audit with Big 4 firm
– Leading Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance, along with internal controls process improvements
– Technical accounting duties, including GAAP research and implementation of new standards
– Interfacing on a regular basis with Operations Leadership, Finance Executives, and Legal teams.
Qualified candidates should have at least five (5) years of relevant Accounting and Financial Reporting experience, including significant exposure to and knowledge of SEC reporting and SOX compliance. Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Accounting is required, and CPA or CPA candidate is preferred. A strong understanding of the 10-K and 10-Q reporting process is imperative, along with current GAAP knowledge and ability to perform technical accounting research. This individual should have strong communication and interpersonal skills, along with a professional demeanor. Candidates with public accounting experience from a Big Four or national Audit firm are encouraged to apply.
The company will provide a competitive base salary, plus strong annual bonus, restricted stock awards, 401K matching, excellent benefits, along with plenty of room for professional growth and advancement for this position.