We have partnered with a mid-sized, PE-backed manufacturer and distributor of custom products in its search for a Vice President of Operations. The company has a well-earned reputation as a leader within its industry niche, and has global manufacturing & distribution operations, along with heavy e-commerce activity and a retail presence across the United States. The VP of Operations will report to the CEO while leading a close-knit, well-tenured team, and will gain progressive exposure to the private equity ownership group while taking on executive leadership duties.
Job responsibilities will include, although not be limited to:
- Overseeing all Production & Distribution operations, which will include managing a Warehouse Director and a Manufacturing Plant GM
- Leading the Customer Service and Business Operations functions, which will include multiple direct reports (Divisional Business Managers, head of Customer Service)
- High-level oversight of the Purchasing function, including a Purchasing Manager
- Enhancing business processes and systems, while implementing new processes, controls, KPI’s, and best practices throughout the company
- Utilizing historical and real-time data, trend analysis, reporting and market intelligence to enhance profitability and company growth trajectory
- Partnering with the CEO, PE firm, and other executives on corporate development initiatives, including new product and service roll-outs, partnerships and joint ventures, M&A activity, and other special projects.
To be considered, candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- At least ten (10+) years of progressive experience in one or more of the following industries: Manufacturing/Production, Distribution, Logistics, E-Commerce, Retail, Consumer Products, or related sector
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; MBA or other advanced degree or certification is desirable
- Previous background in a leadership role, which should include managing multiple business functions with multiple direct reports
- Hands-on experience with operational functions such as procurement, plant and/or warehouse operations, and customer service, along with proven systems and process improvement skills
- Prior background within a Private Equity-backed company is desirable, although not required
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to utilize financial and operational data to make informed business decisions and drive positive change
- Top-notch communication skills, strong leadership qualities, and a focused, driven professional demeanor
Compensation package will include competitive base salary (dependent on experience and qualifications), annual bonus plus variable incentive plan, and potential for ownership shares in the future. Relocation assistance will be provided to the chosen candidate, if needed.