Stable and expanding Renewable Energy company based in Austin, TX is seeking an Accounting Manager for a newly-created position. This individual will oversee a small team of staff, while reporting to the Corporate Controller and serving as a key player in the company’s financial statement preparation, month-end close, and investor reporting processes, along with assisting with FP&A duties, regulatory compliance, and working closely with auditors. This is an excellent opportunity for a driven Accounting professional to join an industry leader in a high-exposure role that will offer positive work-life balance, along with career growth opportunities.
Specific job duties will include, although not be limited to the following:
- Ensuring accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial close activities.
- Hands-on oversight and review of journal entry preparation and account reconciliations, while managing A/P, A/R, payroll, and fixed assets.
- Managing a team of three accounting staff, including monitoring departmental workflow to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources.
- Responding to inquiries from the CEO, CFO, Controller, and other company leadership regarding financial results, including ad-hoc reporting requests.
- Partnering with the Controller to manage the annual external audit process.
- Providing training and coaching to new and existing staff as needed. Advising staff on various items such as the handling of non-routine reporting transactions, etc.
- Supporting the maintenance and enhancement of internal controls, while facilitating the documentation and adherence to accounting policies and procedures.
- Supporting the CFO and Finance Manager with budgeting, forecasting, and other FP&A duties.
To be considered, candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s (or Master’s) degree in Accounting
- Five or more (5+) years of post-graduate Accounting experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is required
- Proven leadership experience as a manager, supervisor, or team leader
- A background within Renewable Energy, Utilities/Electricity, Energy Trading or related sector is preferred
- Previous experience in public accounting (Audit) is highly desirable
- Knowledge of FERC accounting is strongly preferred
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
The company will offer a competitive base salary, strong annual bonus target, and excellent benefits package to the chosen candidate, in addition to good work-life balance. Relocation assistance may be provided, if needed.