Established and fast-growing Real Estate Investment firm is seeking a Fund Controller for a key position. Reporting to the VP of Accounting while managing a small team, this individual will lead all aspects of accounting and reporting for Equity investments, including SEC registered equity vehicles, while overseeing Fund Administration and capital activity. This is a great opportunity to join an expanding, reputable Private Equity / Real Estate firm in a key position.
Please Note: The company’s first preference is for this position to be based at the corporate HQ office located in Austin, TX (hybrid / partially-remote work environment). However, a remote work arrangement may be considered for a highly-qualified, selected candidate (if necessary).
Specific job duties will include the following:
- Accurately consolidating fund entities through analysis of complex ownership structures, and applying relevant accounting and financial reporting standards
- Managing full-cycle accounting, including preparation and analysis of GAAP-based financial statements, general ledgers, subsidiary ledgers, budgets, and cash-flow projections
- Owning all aspects of SEC-registered equity vehicles, including SEC performance reporting, while adhering to strict deadlines and other requirements
- Overseeing fund administration, including managing, reviewing and coaching third-party fund administrators and other service providers
- Preparation and review of Fund-level debt compliance and other reporting packages, along with cash projections
- Oversight of capital contribution and distributions, both at the fund level and in joint venture / co-investment structures.
- Communicating and interfacing effectively with key Investors, while providing ad-hoc reporting as needed.
- Coordinating with the external audit firm with respect to the preparation and issuance of annual audited financial statements and tax filings.
- Serving as a hands-on leader of a small but growing team (2 current staff), while participating in hiring, training, development and mentorship.
Candidates should possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s (or Master’s) degree in Accounting is required, along with five (5) or more years of relevant Accounting or Audit experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is strongly preferred; active CPA candidates may be considered
- Prior background within Real Estate Investment / Private Equity sector is needed
- Previous experience in public accounting / audit (Big 4 or National firm) is strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of Fund Accounting within the Real Estate sector is needed, along with knowledge of financial reporting for SEC-registered Equity vehicles
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), with the ability to perform technical research and apply findings
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, along with proven team-leadership abilities
The company will provide competitive compensation, including base salary + lucrative annual bonus potential, comprehensive benefits package (401K matching, strong health benefits, open PTO, etc.), and plenty of career growth opportunities within a dynamic business environment.
Relocation assistance will be provided, dependent on the needs of the selected candidate.