Large, established Austin-based company is hiring a Director of Treasury & Debt for a key role within the corporate Finance team. This newly-created position will report to the VP of Finance, while serving as a hands-on leader for the company’s Treasury function, along with its Debt compliance & reporting activities. This individual will work closely with the VP of Finance, the CFO and other company Executives, while serving as a main point of contact for the Private Equity firm’s Capital Markets team. This is an excellent opportunity for a driven Finance professional to join a market-leading company in a role that will provide a high-degree of visibility, career-growth opportunities, and the ability to make a tangible positive impact.
Specific job duties will include the following:
- Working closely with all areas of the business to understand cash structures, working capital needs, and liquidity availability (i.e. credit lines, etc.)
- Monitoring and managing the company’s cash position to ensure adequate cash balances for operating, financing, and investment purposes
- Maintaining the company’s liquidity forecasting model to ensure accurate short-term and long-term projections
- Serving as the primary point of contact Executive leadership, along with Private Equity ownership, in regards to the company’s cash position, liquidity forecast, and analysis of ownership distributions
- Serving as primary point of contact with lenders and Private Equity capital markets team as it relates to all debt functions.
- Tracking and managing all debt agreements, including monitoring lender covenants and reporting requirements.
- Assisting the Private Equity capital markets team in implementing the company’s corporate finance strategy, and to facilitate loan closings, modifications, and refinancings.
- Providing FP&A team with annual budgets for interest expense and other debt-related items, and serving as primary point of contact on budget-to-actual variance related analysis.
Leadership and Development:
- Managing a small team of staff who will assist in the above functions, while monitoring and advising on future team needs to accommodate company growth.
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to identify, analyze, and implement Debt and Treasury process improvements, including integrating new products to achieve efficiencies.
- Staying up-to-date on trends and developments in Treasury and Debt management, while recommending best practices to improve the efficiency of these functions.
To be considered, candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Finance or related field; MBA or CFA is a plus.
- Between 6-to-12 years of progressive Finance experience (i.e. corporate FP&A, Treasury, Investor relations, Reporting, Private Equity, etc.).
- Experience with corporate Treasury items such as liquidity analysis & forecasting, cash projections, investments, working capital, treasury management systems, and other best practices.
- Prior experience with Debt covenants, compliance, and Debt-related reporting is a major plus.
- Ability and desire to review, grasp, and maintain working knowledge of complex debt agreements is needed.
- Previous background within the Real Estate sector is a plus, although not a requirement.
- Outstanding communication skills (both verbal and written) are needed, along with strong interpersonal skills and a high degree of professionalism.
The company will provide a competitive compensation package, including base salary, annual bonus, and other long-term incentive compensation, in addition to comprehensive benefits, and a hybrid / partially-remote work environment.