We have partnered with an industry-leading, Austin-based company in its search for a Director of Corporate Accounting. This individual will serve as a hands-on accounting leader for multiple corporate and subsidiary entities, along with shared services functions, while reporting to the VP / Corporate Controller. The company has consistently been rated as one of the best places to work in Austin, and offers a positive company culture, stability, work-life balance, and plenty of opportunities for professional growth.
Specific job duties will include the following:
- Hands-on oversight of the general ledger, including monthly and quarterly close processes, along with accounting consolidation of multiple corporate entities
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Managing a team of several Accounting professionals at various levels, including multiple direct reports, while reviewing journal entries, accruals, consolidations, and other work product
- Review and oversight of internal controls, along with SOX compliance
- Serving as a key point of contact for Big 4 external Auditors
- Preparation of ad-hoc reporting documents to executive leadership on an as-needed basis
- Monitoring key accounts for budget oversight purposes, while investigating budget-to-actual variances as needed
- Interfacing on a regular basis with internal teams such as FP&A, Technical accounting, Financial reporting, and Operations leaders
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Accounting; CPA license is required
- Ten or more (10+) years of progressive accounting experience
- At least four (4) years in a managerial role is needed
- Previous experience in public accounting (Audit) highly preferred
- Proven knowledge of GAAP, along with Advanced-level Excel skills
- Strong communication skills and leadership abilities
The company will offer a competitive compensation package, including Base Salary, annual Bonus, and Equity compensation, in addition to strong benefits/insurance, PTO, 401K matching, etc.
Good work-life balance and a hybrid / partially-remote work environment will be provided to the chosen candidate, along with a rewarding career path within a high-caliber team structure.